- LIVE WEBINAR, TUESDAY, SEPTEMBRE 26th 2017 – 9am
- Examination of presence* via the questionnaire at the bottom of the video window.
DESCRIPTION OF THE COURSE
ÉQUISOFT, SOLUTIONS-DRIVEN INNOVATION FOR, PRESENTS: HOW TO USE AND BENEFIT FROM EQUISOFT’S WEALTHELEMENTS APPLICATION
CSF – 1 PDU IN INSURANCE OF PERSONS – 4 PDUS IN GROUP SAVINGS PLAN BROKERAGE (ACCREDITED TRAINING)
IQPF – 4 PDUs SFPA – 1 PDU COMPLIANCE SC-FP (ACCREDITED TRAINING)
With the Professional Standards (2006) of the integrated personal financial planning process in mind, this training course is intended for financial security advisors, investment fund representatives and financial planners (Pl. fin.).
Over the five hour long training session the following topics will be reviewed on the basis of several scenarios of a typical case study:
- The use and purpose of a software for entering personal financial information (KYC);
- Analysis and evaluation of the client’s current financial situation with respect to his objectives and priorities;
- Capital need analysis for the financing of postsecondary education;
- Capital need analysis in case of death, disability or critical illness;
- Capital and income needs analysis for retirement;
- Basic concepts of cash flow, budget related matters, burning rate and lifestyle;
- Pro forma balance sheet at death;
- Risk profile analysis;
- Portfolio analysis of currently own positions and investable assets;
- Risk-return analysis of the client’s portfolio (current and proposed);
- Statistical key figures review, selection and evaluation process of investment funds;
- Review of the MER and other ancillary fees;
- Investment strategies for the accumulation period and the servicing of income at retirement;
- Investment policy statement.
The learning outcomes will rely on the case study’s several scenarios along with the online demonstration of the EquiSoft’s WealthElements software.
WealthElements is a comprehensive and fully integrated suite of tools designed to help advisors create various projections and analyses addressing every element of a client’s wealth.
Using a case study, we will go through how the data gathered from an interview with a client can be entered into the various projection and analysis modules of WealthElements. We will view the results in each module and then generate a report for the client. We will also look at some possible variations of this scenario. This will be presented over a 5 hours session.
KAREN MASSON, spécialiste de produits principale, Équisoft inc.
FRANÇOIS FORGET, spécialiste de produits, Équisoft inc.
*HOW TO VALIDATE YOUR CONFIRMATION OF PRESENCE?
Please read carefully the information below. In order to get your CERTIFICATE OF PRESENCE you must answer successfully the questionnaire below to obtain your PDUs.
Repeatedly during your training, keywords will appear at the bottom of your screen. Once you have ENDED YOUR SESSION, click on the tab KEY WORDS at the bottom of the video. We recommend that you take note of the key words on a separate piece of paper. Only at the end will you have to validate them.
Please answer all the questions by typing all the keywords in the good order before clicking the button SUBMIT. You have a maximum of 5 attempts. To obtain your PDUs, you must answer all the questions correctly (100%).
This training session contains a supplemental questionnaire at the bottom of the video. To obtain your PDUs, you will have to answer all of the questions at the end of the training session and obtain a minimum grade of 60%. Again, we recommend that you take notes during the session.
Once the training is successfully completed, you will receive your certificate of attendance directly by e-mail in a PDF format.
In order to recognize the value and the role of the financial advisor, this online training session by Eric Wachtel is offered for free to all the professionals involved in financial services. This includes the general public. However, you have to be a privileged member to obtain your PDUs.
DEFFERAL OF PDUs
You can accumulate a maximum of 5 PDUs on top of what is required for a qualifying period. This is only possible for the last three months (September 1st to November 30th of an odd year). These can be postponed to the following qualifying period or after the period of exemption.The advisor is responsible to transfer these excess PDUs in its secured file via the site of La Chambre de la sécurité financière at www.chambresf.com (No rerun are possible. No refund)
It is not possible to receive professional development units (PDUs) for the same training session followed during the same qualifying period. With the exception of the business break, any absence of the room during a training session will be recorded on the certificate of presence of the participant. Please take note of the rules of participation found in Article 4.1 of the Policy on Compulsory Professional Development Activities of La Chambre de la sécurité financière at www.chambresf.com. No refund. Non-transferable.